Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wait, what???

I had in mind several things to talk about in this post - my having lost the trick of sleeping, more political buffoonery, the importance of hygiene, increase in roadkill lately - until I received a phone call from one of my doctors.
"I feel I should apologize, in a way, but not really, because if you were an idiot things would not have progressed to this stage."
Uhmm...
He went on to explain that had I not been intelligent enough to mostly manage my own recovery, they would have been monitoring me much closer, and could have caught the problem far earlier.
Erm...
If I was stupid I wouldn't be sick???
For those late to the party, I had open heart surgery last year (on my birthday!) and now have been diagnosed with Cushing's, but because of all the metal in my body, from the heart valve, the leg, and various other bits, they can't run standard scans to figure out which of the 3 types I have. Hoping it's medicine-induced, we're playing pharmaceutical roulette, 1 med at a time, hoping to trigger a regression of the adenoma currently playing house in my pituitary gland. So far, the only new thing is my insulin level going apeshit.
"So you're saying I have a brain tumor because I'm smart?"
"Well, in a way, yes. Hmm. That hardly sounds right."
No shit. I always thought being intelligent was a plus, until now.
Shows what I know. Hey, maybe that makes me dumb enough to be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment