Saturday, August 15, 2015

Film

Greatest moments in cinema? Easy. Hands & paws down:
#1 - Jaws when Richard Dreyfuss is in the water, goes to wet his mask, then looks up at Roy Scheider with a totally blank face, "I ain't got no spit."
This formerly passionate erudite man has been through hell's anteroom, and comes out wiped of all but horror, with a double negative, that expresses his absolute terror in 5 syllables. Brilliant.
#2 - Natural Born Killers in one of the first scenes at the diner as Mallory begins dancing to the jukebox, and the good old boy exclaims, "What in the hell is that?" It isn't about the girl doing a slinky hootchie dance at all, but about Man's eternal response to Woman. I don't know what it is or why but I am mesmerized.
#3. The Godfather, when Michael is in Sicily, sees Appalonia, then meets her father. The 2 underlings with him panic at her father's response, but Michael, a true capo by birth and by environment, understands and without a single hesitation assuages her father with respect and honesty.

Yes, there are a ton of others, but I got this question in my email (along with one from another person about my favorite lube - Penzoil high mileage. Srsly, whatthehelllllllll as Peanut would say!) asking my top moments of cinema. Here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment