Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Oh, CENSOR off!

That's right, once again I have been taken to task for using the f-bomb. Well, fuck.
I quote, "You have a public setting on your page, and because of your many humorous cat pics, some children also see your page, and should not be subjected to foul language."
Foul language. I consider organized religion, politics, orange powder cheese, my power bill this month, reality tv, and anything by One Direction to be foul, but I don't go telling you what you can expose your children to, although perhaps someone should if you think you can tell me what I can publicly post anywhere.
Contrary to popular belief, I do censor myself. A lot. Not because I'm worried about exposing innocent little Sally or Johnnie to the word "fuck," but because I don't want to influence anyone's personal belief system. I express my opinion, but I damned sure don't tell anyone what they should do or think or feel or say, because I'm too busy screwing up my own life to try to direct anyone else's.
But really, what the hell kind of kid are we talking about, anyway? To be on fb, which was where I received the "helpful" *cough* message, a kid has to be at least 14, I think it is? I doublecat dare you to find a 14 year old who has never seen, heard, or said "fuck."
Have you listened to the radio lately?
Ever see "A Christmas Carol?" It wasn't "fudge" Ralphie said, if you recall, and that was an 8 year old in the 1950's.
This is 2015, in case you were unaware. Evolve a little, accept that children are much more exposed to "foul" language than ever.
And I really don't say "fuck" that often.
Ah, fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment