Monday, August 15, 2016

The answer is...Yes!

Let's talk about sex, baby... really. Let's talk about sex, sports, the price of watermelons, the decline of traditions in the world of stamp collecting, anything but religion.
I just lost another friend on fb, because I refused to "discuss" (read: allow someone to pontificate at me) my religious (don't have any) or spiritual (Strong) beliefs. Isn't that I don't care about spirituality of any sort, but to me, religion is far more personal than mere copulation habits.
Think about it.
You can have sex with anyone. It may suck but it can be achieved. Sex is merely something that happens to a temporary shell you inhabit at worst, but your spirit? Man, that is forever. You can't have religion or spirituality with just anyone. Try it. Walk up to a stranger in a bar, buy 'em a drink, then try to religion with them and see if an assault charge doesn't become part of the package.
And when you drop a bombshell like having your relgious belief be closer to what many presume is witchcraft, it's All Hail The Bondsman! Am I a good witch or a bad witch? Blow me. I'm both! Because everyone is both good and bad, weak and strong, so if you have to classify everyone's private beliefs (and really, that says far more about you than them) then I don't need you around. I don't mind a hearty calm or even impassioned discussion, but when judgement and mandatory classification comes into it, I'll take a pass.


So I don't talk about religion. I try not to talk politics, but have to use every opportunity to remind people:

It does not matter if you don't like Hills, suck it up buttercup, and vote Anti-TrumpChump and his Synchronized Ego Dancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment