Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Christmas one

I wasn't feeling very ho ho. My friend committed suicide Saturday morning. I know, not the best opening, huh? And today I went with her husband & family to the funeral home. Still not putting the "fun" in "funeral," I know.
Then, the fender bender. It was really a paint scrape by an inexperienced driver on ice & snow. The guy, knowing where we were going and with 2 chihuahuas shivering their eyes out in his car, made us all wait 2 hours for cops to show up to write a report for the insurance company.
My BITCH kicked in. Hard.
This douchebag is keeping us from a funeral home to say goodbye to my dead friend and keeping these 2 babies shivering in a vehicle because he thinks he is getting a payday??? Fuck this!!
So I excused myself, went to the ladies' room which happened to be directly behind where he was standing. I may have had a whispered word with the gent. And a true Christmas miracle occurred! Within 2 minutes, he decided, in the true holiday spirit, to call the police & tell them it had been resolved to mutual satisfaction, and we left.
What a generous spirit.
Now, the funny part:
One friend sent me a lovely knife etc. (In PURPLE) as a gift, and said it, "better not end up as evidence!"
She knows me.
I hadn't even told her about my day.
It didn't (yet), and the best I can wish anyone for their holiday is friends like I have, and try to be.
They are the greatest gift.
And books. Lots and lots of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment