Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bastarditis

I was getting dressed for appointments this morning, and waiting for the cat-sitter (BratCat is very sick, or I would just hire the dog to keep an eye on the cats as usual), when I got a phone call I absolutely hated. A neighbor died yesterday.
I was passing along word when I was asked, "What was it, cancer?"
In a way.
She died from Acute Selfish Bastarditis of the Husband. Oh, she had a lot wrong physically, major gastro-intestinal issues, bad heart, lungs, but nothing that in itself would have killed her. But her system was weak, and she needed long term loving care. She was married, so she should have had that, right? Not with her husband.
He was in the top 3 most selfish, inconsiderate, least nurturing men of all time. The #1 spot being up for debate, because I say it is my nearly ex, and others say Hitler. Her husband was #3. Seeing her wasting away in slow motion in front of him, all the man cared about what what he wanted to do - partying with his friends, his new truck, getting high, getting drunk, anything but what she needed. And we aren't talking newlyweds or 20/30/40 ages, he 60's, old enough to know better but selfish enough to not give a damn.
This hits me really hard.
It was very nearly me, and if not for a really wonderful friend, it would have been. Less than 2 hours from it.
"Aw, a little fun ain't never killed nobody!"
Yes, it did. And it happens far too often but I'll be damned if I'll ever even almost let it be me again.
Rest in peace, finally, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment